Progressive and Athletic Pilates – Palm Springs, CA
This Continued Education workshop is offered at Ecore Fitness for certified Pilates teachers and health and fitness professionals. This workshop is presented by Sean Bergara, certified Pilates teacher (Polestar) 2012, Pilates Method Alliance – Certified 2015 and certified personal trainer (National Academy of Sports Medicine)
Experience “Progressive and Athletic Pilates Workshop” and improve your practice. The concepts will come to life with interactive lectures, hands-on practice and with Sean’s unique motivating and engaging teaching style.
“What an amazing weekend full of learning about human movement and efficient ways to move the body! I can say that, hands down Sean is the best money I have ever spent on any training! He is wise beyond measure and truly has a gift for teaching. I cannot wait to expand on the knowledge he shared with us this past weekend and continue to learn.”
Pilates Body Utah
- This workshop discusses the basic foundation of applied biomechanics and offers teachers knowledge on how to break down each Pilates exercise and understand the indented joint movements.
- Participants will learn progressive and athletic Pilates techniques which teach each student critical thinking skills and how to modify each exercise for all fitness levels.
- The skills and techniques will be combined with traditional and classical Pilates exercises designed for today’s student and their unique needs based on current lifestyle and fitness requirements.
- Combine athletic and progressive Pilates exercises using the Balanced Body Clinical Reformer with mobility and strength applications including a warm-up, workout, and functional flexibility addressing the programed exercises.
- Take the foundational exercises and techniques of Joseph Pilates and add unique and effective ways to use the reformer while staying authentic to the Pilates method.
- Combine Classical and traditional Pilates exercises with progressive and athletic exercises. This workshop merges fitness-based programing and Pilates together demonstrating how movement, whether in a Pilates studio or gym, can have the same intended outcome.
This workshop is recognized with 16 Continuing Education Credits according to the guidelines set forth by the Pilates Method Alliance.
August 23, 24 & 25, 2019
Times: Friday: 12-4pm / Saturday: 10am-5pm / Sunday: 10am-5pm
Studio: Ecore Fitness
Location: Palm Springs, CA
Address: 285 South Palm Canyon Drive, Ste. D6 Palm Springs, CA 92262
*Payment in full is required upon registration. Registration is required two weeks prior to scheduled dates.
- Cancelations are accepted up to 30 days prior to workshop date with a penalty of $150.00 which will be deducted from your credited tuition.
- No refunds given for cancelations less than 30 days from the workshop date, your tuition, minus the cancelation fee can be applied to future workshops.
- Tuition transfers are fee free.
The Progressive and Athletic Pilates workshop is based on current scientific evidence about joint and spine biomechanics. The workshop is unique in that it challenges the traditional wisdom of how postural alignment and traditional exercises are taught. The course materials are compiled from various movement methods.
Mr Phillip Page, Clare C Frank, Robert Lardner,Assessment of Treatment of Muscle Imbalances, 297 pages, Publisher: Human Kinetics; 1 edition (January 1, 2010) – Stuart McGill, Ultimate Back Fitness and Performance-Sixth Edition, 331 pages, Publisher: Stuart McGill, PhD; 6th edition (Jan., 2017); 6th edition (2017) – Michael Schuenke, Erik Schulte, Udo Schumacher, General Anatomy and Musculoskeletal System, 2e (THIEME Atlas of Anatomy) 2nd Edition, 624 pages, Publisher: Thieme; 2 edition (May 1, 2014) – Blandine Calais-Germain, Anatomy of Breathing, 232 pages, Publisher: Eastland Press; 1 edition (December 4, 2006) – Blandine Calais-Germain, Anatomy of Movement, 316 pages, Publisher: Eastland Press; Revised edition (December 2, 2007) – Margareta Nordin DirSci, Victor H. Frankel MD PhD KNO, Basic Biomechanics of the Musculoskeletal System Third Edition, 496 pages, Publisher: LWW; Third edition (April 4, 2001) – Keith J. Karren, Brent Q. Hafen, Kathryn J. Frandsen, Lee Smith, Mind/Body Health: The Effects of Attitudes, Emotions and Relationships (3rd Edition) 3rd Edition, 720 pages, Publisher: Benjamin Cummings; 3 edition (July 8, 2005) – Florence Peterson Kendall, Elizabeth Kendall McCreary, Patricia Geise Provance, Mary McIntyre Rodgers, William Anthony Romani, Muscles: Testing and Function, with Posture and Pain, 560 pages, Publisher: LWW; Fifth, North American edition (March 4, 2005)